- 50 gr of Spanish onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 150 gr of arborio rice
- 20-23 gr of dry Porcini mushrooms
- 25 gr of grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- [Optional] 1.5 oz of rucola, finely chopped
- 1 buillion cube
Soak the mushrooms into very warm water for 20 min. remove the mushrooms from the water
and filter the water. Add bouillon cube to the water and bring to a simmer. This is your stock.
In a wide non-stick saucepan saute the onion in the olive oil, add the rice, stir for 1 minute; add 1 generous ladle of stock, the mushrooms and the rucola. Continue stirring gently and adding stock as needed for 15-16 minutes.
After that, fold in gently the parmigiano, cover the pot and let it sit for at least 5 monutes, better if 10 mintues but it all depends on how hungry you are.
Serve with fresh ground pepper.