- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/8-inch-thick rounds
- 3 teaspoons all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 5.5-ounce package soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled (about 1 cup)
- 1 3/4 cups low-fat (1%) milk
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly oil 10-inch-diameter pie dish. Slightly overlap 1/3 of potato slices in bottom of dish. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon flour, 1 teaspoon minced chives and 1/3 of minced thyme over. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Dot with 1/3 of goat cheese.
Repeat layering 2 more times. Pour low-fat milk over potatoes. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake 1 hour. Remove foil; bake until potatoes are tender and top is golden, about 25 minutes longer. Let stand 15 minutes; serve.
Makes 6 servings.
From Bon Appétit March 2002
Photography by Stuart Spivak