- 1 cup grainy mustard
- 8 medium shallots, roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 Chinese black vinegar, or balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup naturally brewed rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups grapeseed oil or canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to tast.
In a blender or food processor, combine the mustard, shallots, vinegars, soy sauce and sugar and puree. With the machine running, slowly drizzle in the oil until an emulsion is formed. Season with salt and pepper, remembering that not much salt will be needed because of the soy sauce. Use or store. Lasts 2 weeks, refrigerated
Makes 3.5 cups.
From Simply Ming cookbook
Photography by kykyru2