- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets (about 1 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
Combine first 8 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag, and add salmon to bag. Seal and marinate in refrigerator 1-1/2 hours, turning bag occasionally.
Prepare grill or broiler. Remove salmon from bag, reserving marinade. Place salmon on a grill rack or broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
Cook 6 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork, basting frequently with reserved marinade.
Makes 4 servings
Photography by Neeta Lind