- 1 cup (227 gr) cold butter cut into 1/4″ (7 mm) slices.
- 1.5 cups (300 gr) sugar.
- 2 eggs.
- 3 cups (420 gr) flour.
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1 cup (135 gr) chocolate chips >=72% cacao, semi-sweet.
- 2 cups (220 gr) walnut pieces or macadamia nut pieces.
- Preheat oven to 410 F (210 C).
- Mix the butter and sugar for about 3-5 minutes till creamy.
- Add the eggs, and mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the flour, baking soda, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and the nuts.
- Divide the dough into 12 pieces, and shape the pieces into irregular round cookies about 1″ thick, do not compress the dough but leave it formed but relatively loose.
- Put the dough in the refrigerator for about 10-20 minutes or overnight.
- Bake them for 9-11 minutes, and let them rest for 9-11 minutes.
- Enjoy them warm!