- 3/4 lb. pungent blue cheese, rind removed, cheese crumbled
- 5 tsp. cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 2 tsp. minced fresh thyme
- 3/4 cup heavy cream pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. cracked black pepper
- 5 fresh chives, snipped
- 2-3 lbs. assorted vegetables, such as blanched green beans and asparagus, peeled baby carrots and radishes
- 1/2 loaf crusty bread, cut into cubes
In bowl, combine cheeses and cornstarch; set aside. In heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat, combine wine and thyme; simmer 1 minute. Whisk in cream, cayenne and black pepper.
When cream mixture begins to bubble, reduce heat to medium-low; add cheese mixture 1/3 cup at a time, stirring with rubber spatula until completely melted before adding more.
Fill fondue pot with 1” simmering water; place ceramic insert over pot. Transfer cheese fondue to insert; stir in chives. Serve warm with assorted vegetables and bread. Serves 6-8.
Photography by Heather